Do you need personal training? |
Letís look at 10 compelling reasons
to work with a trainer.
- Personal trainers wear many hats, serving not only as coach, but also
as an educator, confidant, role model and a major source of motivation
- Do you find it difficult to stick to your program? Scheduling regular
appointments with a personal trainer helps eliminate any excuses you
may come up with for not exercising.
3: Safety - A personal trainer will show you how to exercise safely (including which exercises to avoid), and instruct you on
the proper and safe use of exercise equipment.
4: Individualized Instruction
- An exercise program that works for one person may not work for
another. A personal trainer will develop the most effective program for
you based on your fitness evaluation results and personal goals.
5: Effective workouts
- Today's hectic lifestyles mean you don't have time to waste on
ineffective exercise routines. Personal trainers help maximize your
time by providing workouts designed to meet your goals quickly and
- Need someone to spot you while you do pull-ups? Looking for feedback
on your running form? That's what your personal trainer is for: to
observe, assist and, if necessary, correct as needed.
7: Sports-Specific Training
- Whether you want to shave some strokes off your golf score or beat
your brother-in-law at tennis, a personal trainer can tailor your
program to your sport of choice.
8: Injury Rehabilitation
- An experienced personal trainer can make the road to recovery a
smooth one by recommending exercises that emphasize overall muscular
balance to prevent future injuries.
9: Special-Needs Training
- Research confirms that individuals with health challenges such as
diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis or heart disease benefit greatly from
regular physical activity. These conditions, however, can make
exercising safely a challenge. Many personal trainers are experienced
in designing programs that address the special needs of these and other
10: Ego Boost
- It's a fact--feeling good makes you look good, and vice versa. Not
only can personal trainers help you achieve your health and fitness
goals; they provide you with positive feedback on your performance and
bolster your confidence to
take on new challenges.